Q: What does the AdvanceTrac® light mean on the dash?

What does the AdvanceTrac® light mean on the dash?

Your car is equipped with an Advanced Traction and Stability Control system called AdvanceTrac®. If the AdvanceTrac® light comes on in your dash, it means one of two things:

• It comes on when you first crank the engine while the system conducts a self-check. It turns off again shortly afterward.

• It comes on automatically when the Traction and Stability Control systems are engaged. The car’s computer controls when this happens, and you may see it come on at any time if the roads are slick or slippery.

Tip

If the AdvanceTrac® light on the dash comes on and stays on, it means there’s a problem with your system and the car needs to be inspected soon.

3. What does the AdvanceTrac® light mean on the dash?