Q: My 2002 Isuzu Rodeo storage cuts off starts cuts off starts cuts off

My 2002 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2 engine was riding down the road truck stalled want to try to start it back up it starts cuts off starts cuts off starts cuts off starts cuts off it has fuel pressure could this be the ignition switch problem

A: A sudden stalling issue can be caused by a ...

A sudden stalling issue can be caused by a few things:

• An ignition switch issue is possible if once the engine stalls, all power is lost as well as if you turned the key off.

• Depending on the mileage, it might be a good idea to check the service history: If the vehicle has gone too long without a timing belt replacement, it may have broken and caused damage. A technician can verify this with a compression test.

• If all of these items check out ok, the camshaft and crankshaft position sensor signals must be checked. The engine computer uses signals from the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors to detect the position of the engine’s rotating assembly in order to assess exactly when to deliver spark. Without these signals, the computer will not send spark.