Q: 2013 Ford Edge 4 cyl w/ turbo Code P0299

Chris, My 2013 Edge SE has 100,000 (90% highway) miles on it and the check engine light came on. Code P0299. Was told I am going to need a new turbo. Tires Plus quoted $1,570. Ford dealer quoted $2,152. Is it wortht he extra money to get the work preformed at the dealership. Tires Plus has to buy the part from the dealer anyway...

Also was told the rear shocks are leaking...Quoted $165 for shocks and $230 for struts. Dealer quoted $665 for shocks...I asked about struts and she said that it is not listed in their system separately, but the vehicle definitely has both.

Hi there. Although a dealership often will charge about 30% or higher than an average automotive shop, it’s typically worth the extra expense; especially when an important component like the turbo is being replaced. Plus, the dealership typically warranties their work, while a Tires Plus would not.

3. 2013 Ford Edge 4 cyl w/ turbo Code P0299