Q: Transmission line pressure too high for too long 2006 dodge magnum

My transmission goes into "limp mode" due to the code that's being thrown which means line pressure too high for too long. The dealership said that it's an internal problem. I changed the trans fluid and there weren't any metal shaving or chunks. I'm trying to figure out if it will be cheaper to fix or get a new tranny.

It sounds like you downloaded Code P1745 which refers to line pressure being out of range (high) for too long. The line pressure solenoid could be faulty and/or the solenoid harness is open, shorted, or has high resistance (poor electrical connections). That possibility should be investigated and ruled in or out first. Apart from that, what you are describing is due to a control, sensor or valve body issue and thus does not require transmission removal or rebuilding. If you want to have the problem diagnosed and repaired, request that a transmission specialist from YourMechanic perform a failure to shift - limp mode diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Transmission line pressure too high for too long 2006 dodge magnum