Q: Engine light with gas smell.

The Engine light is on and I can smell gas some of the time.

A: A fuel smell should be investigated immedia...

A fuel smell should be investigated immediately. As a fuel leak develops, it may leak on hot components which could start a fire. The fuel system needs to be thoroughly inspected to insure there are no hazardous leaks and any leak should be addressed. The fault codes should be read out of the engine computer with a scan tool and issues corrected. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the training and certifications along with the specialized equipment to diagnose and correct these issues.