Accelerating problem. vacuum 1999 v6-4.0l explorer ford a...

Q: Accelerating problem.

asked by on July 20, 2016

While accelerating if I push the pedal all the way to the floor the engine will not rev or speed up in fact it will sometimes slow down. I believe there is a vacuum leak but could that be the cause for it?

If you are having an acceleration problem then you should first have the computer diagnosed to see if the throttle position sensor is not stuck at idle position. The throttle is electronically controlled and will not allow acceleration if there is a failure in the system causing the system to go into fail safe mode. Have the system checked by an expert who can test and diagnose your hesitating acceleration problem.