Q: Intermittent central locking issue

When using the key to lock the driver's door, 90% of the time all the doors lock. The other 10% of the time the key only locks the drivers door. The same thing occurs when I use the inside door lock button on the drivers door. I have no remote control /key fob for locking the doors. When the locks do not work there are no sounds of any kind (like no sounds of electric motors/actuators) Help!!

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 1995 Subaru Impreza to fail to lock all of the doors intermittently. The first thing to look for in this situation is to inspect the condition of the key, if the key appears worn or the ridges are worn this can cause the key to not fully engage. Other potential issues are the drivers door master switch, a wiring harness fault, or failing lock actuators. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your door lock issues and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.