Q: Fuel filter leaking

It looks like the fuel filter is leaking when I crank it up.

Hi there. Fuel leaks are dangerous so it is important that it be repaired right away. If it is at the fuel filter, in some cases, replacing the fuel filter will take care of it. Your car uses quick connect fittings that can leak if the fitting fractures or if the O-rings in the fittings rot out. A close inspection can usually identify which one it is. Most of the time, a mechanic would replace the filter to see if that takes care of the leak. If that doesn’t fix the issue, the hose fittings will need to be replaced. These are special fittings that need to have pre-molded hoses on them, which are heated and sealed in place. If you are not comfortable with doing this type of repair, have a professional technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the source of the leak and perform a repair on your vehicle.

3. Fuel filter leaking