Q: Power steering pump making a loud continuous noise.

Car is making a loud noise. It seems to be coming from the power steering pump. The noise is continuous.

Power Steering Fluid Service $95.93 - $159.93 Get a Quote
Power Steering Pump Replacement $158.61 - $1632.96 Get a Quote

First, check to make sure there is an adequate amount of fluid in your power steering reservoir. If it is low, top off the fluid and have the system checked for leaks. If the pump still makes noise when full, it is likely defective and will require replacement. Power steering pump replacement can be a difficult job, and if it’s not done right, the replacement pump can be damaged. For this reason, it is recommended you take your vehicle to a trained professional, such as the mechanics at YourMechanic.