Q: Planning a 1200 mile road trip, Should I get an inspection before the trip?

asked by on July 09, 2017

We are planning a 1200 mile road trip, Should I get an inspection before embarking on the trip?

Hi There, It depends on the maintenance history of the vehicle. If this is a vehicle that has been regularly maintained with relatively no issues, an inspection may not be necessary, however this is more of a judgement call. An inspection certainly would not hurt or be a bad idea as there are always things to be aware of and check prior to making a long trip as you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to perform a pre-trip inspection to be sure everything is in proper working order.