Q: ABS brakes grab (driver front) upon stopping.

Just replaced passenger rear wheel hub assembly on my 2004 Toyota Matrix XR AWD-- due to bad bearings.( WOW-- what a job!) Now upon braking, ABS is grabbing and locking up the front driver side wheel. Is there something wrong with the ABS sensor on the rear wheel? How to rectify this situation? Solved one problem and created another.... :(

Hey there. As you know, your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS system which is controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS system as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the complete brake system so that this can be addressed accordingly.