Q: Car vibrates when accelerating. Replaced engine mounts, coils, and plugs.

Whenever I depress the gas pedal more than a quarter of the way the car vibrates pretty badly. Thought it may be the transmission, but the transmission shop found misfires. I had already replaced the coils, plugs, and bad engine mounts. Any ideas?

It sounds like you’ve covered the basics. Did the transmission shop check the fluids in the transmission and differentials? Very dirty fluid may contain metal shavings that cause the drivetrain to bind under load. It is not unusual to find faulty components in new boxes from parts stores. You may want to take the vehicle back to the shop that you had your last service to check the work. If you need a second opinion, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the vibration problem and help proceed with repairs with appropriate repairs.

• Car vibrates when accelerating. Replaced engine mounts, coils, and plugs.