Catalytic shows not ready v6-2.5l mazda 2000 mpv catalyti...

Q: Catalytic shows not ready

asked by on September 22, 2016

I've been trying to get a smog done but my catalytic is not ready and some misfire. How can I pass my smog if the problem is still the same and my engine light keep flashing?

Hi, thanks for writing in. The blinking light means you most likely have a misfire in one or more cylinders from an oil leak, from the valve cover getting on spark plug boots and shorting the cylinder out. The valve covers may need to be replaced, and the plug wires and plugs fixed. After these steps, the codes and monitors should be cleared our and you can pass the smog check. Hope this helps and best of luck!