Q: I think my starter is misaligned.

When I turn the ignition, the starter will jump out to catch the flywheel but it always seems to miss it. I first thought that it was the bolts because I had to replace 2 sets from being bent, however, I have a new set and it's still not catching. How do I make sure that the starter is properly aligned before turning the ignition again so as not to do more damage to my flywheel?

This is often times a result of the starter solenoid being misaligned and not reaching out far enough to the flywheel. You will notice on the starter solenoid there are bolt holes that allow for a slight adjustment. This allows for the solenoid to be moved forward and backward just a bit. Try adjusting this slightly forward to see if this fixes the problem.