Q: What could cause odometer on 2012 Chevy Equinox LT, 3.0 engine to stop reading miles traveled?Tach and speedometer work normally.

asked by on February 08, 2017

Noticed the odometer on my 2012 Chevy Equinox LT, 3.0 engine stopped indicating miles travelled. Speedometer, tachometer, brakes, and everything else works normally. Recently had dead battery and jumper start. Also left wheel well liner replaced. traction and stability control indicate ok. Noticed after left wheel liner, front bumper cover, and dead battery problems. Is there a fuse for the odometer? Ran over a marker plastic cone which caused wheel liner and bumper cover to be replaced.

The odometer is an integrated component of the instrument cluster and the instrument cluster will need to be removed and sent out for repair or replacement at an approved repair facility.