Q: 2007 Chrysler Sebring loses power at right turns, rare occasions

Hi, I have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring, 2.4L 4 speed automatic. It has over 104,000 miles. I bought it back in August of 2017, and there's been no issues whatsoever until just recently. Just about a month ago (January 2018), I was driving my usual routes, and I came up to a right turn. Whilst I was in the middle of turning, I noticed the car started to lag a bit, like it was slowing down without me pressing on the break. As I finished the right turn, the car completely turned off, all of a sudden. I had to put the car back into Park, then take my keys out of the ignition, put the key back in, and the car turned on just fine, as usual. And I continued to drive home with nothing else happening. 2 days later, this same thing happened, this time at a different area. However, it was another right turn! As soon as I was turning right, the car just instantly lost power and came to a stop, just like the first time. It happened a third time last week, and again, for the third time, was a right turn

If all future instances of stalling are on right turns, and none are on left turns, a possibility is a chafing wire harness that only comes into play on right turns. Does the car stall at ANY stops (traffic lights, stop signs?). If there is no stalling at idle when stopping, then the wire harness chafing possibility becomes even more plausible versus the other typical causes of stalling. However, there are other causes of unusual stalls on turns including the ignition switch, the fuel pump pick up, the battery (turn to right moves plates; battery shorts), and components such as the crankshaft position but there again, that is typically a wire chafing issue that comes into play in one particular vehicle movement. Is the gas tank full? If fuel is low, perhaps the fuel pick-up becomes uncovered on right turns. Regardless of what the underlying fault is, to get something like this resolved, the recommended service would be a stalling diagnostic which would cover the usual causes as well as, in your circumstance, all the other possibilities I have listed. If you request that diagnostic a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this problem resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2007 Chrysler Sebring loses power at right turns, rare occasions