Q: Water in the break fluid.

I was trying to add coolant to my car and accidentally added water to the break fluid system instead of the coolant system. I was able to use an absorbant rag to soak some of the water out, but I was not able to get it all. I belive that i need to have the break system flushed and am wondering if this is something that can be done by one of your mechanics at my house, or if i need to have it towed to a shop to fix my mistake. I have not driven the car, nor am I planning on doing so until I know the best way to proceed.

Hello! The quick answer is yes we can get the water out. If you did not push on your brakes yet, then the water may not of made it past the brake master cylinder. The master cylinder would need to be sucked dry of all fluid. The complete system would then need to be bled of all fluid until clean fluid is flushed through the system. I recommend making an appointment to have your brake system inspected and flushed if needed.

3. Water in the break fluid.