My 2013 dodge avenger will not shift from drive to park o...

My 2013 dodge avenger will not shift from drive to park or reverse, the shifter moves but doesnt change. also now my trunk will not open with remote or button and car will not start Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried sil...

My 2013 dodge avenger will not shift from drive to park or reverse, the shifter moves but doesnt change. also now my trunk will not open with remote or button and car will not start Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40? No Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far? Nothing it is parked right now at my job Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? I tried to restart it not restarting check engine light is on and the lightening bolt woth two bars on either side comes on then goes off after about 2 minutes

Automotive Expert
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer. My name is\*\*\*\*\* would be delighted to assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your vehicle today. The website will offer you a phone call. Feel free to accept or decline this service. It does not come directly from me. I cannot provide phone assistance outside the US. Please give me a few moments to go over your concerns. While I'm reviewing your case, would you mind sending me your VIN? This will allow me to give you the most accurate information possible based on your specific vehicle. Please know this is not an auto response message system. We are full time Automotive technicians, who field cases as they come in. If you do not receive a prompt response, this means we have stepped away momentarily or are working on your case as well as many others. Please be patient as we work through this. May I ask your name?

Ok i have to look up my vin number give me a few moments as the car is at work and i am now just getting home
Automotive Expert
OK DOES THE CAR START NOW?

No

The check engine light came on and the lightening bolt with two bars comes on then goes off after a minute or soSorry and my name is justine
Automotive Expert
Sounds like a Dead [Battery](/topics-battery-dodge/) Have you tried a Jump start?

Not a dead battery all lights and headlights come on
Automotive Expert
when you try and start it what happens? does it click?

Honestly i do not remember the lights never went off, can it be the shifter cable?
Automotive Expert
it could be do you want to message us when your at the car?

I will not be back at the car until tomorrow evening
Automotive Expert
ok I work every evening on here

Ok do i just text this number back
Automotive Expert
yes

Ok thank you
Automotive Expert
You're welcome