Q: I have a leaking power steering hose according to my dealership, they said it would take 5 hours to repair and cost $843.00, $800

I had my 2013 Acadia in to repair a sensor and they said I have a leak in a power steering hose next to the knuckle? They wanted to charge $843 dollars to repair, $800 was for labor, would take 5 hours to repair. This cost seemed high to be and I am going to get other quotes to repair. What do you think?

Hi there. It would probably benefit you to obtain a second opinion. Although the power steering system can take time to prime and replace a hose, that estimate of labor is rather high; but expected by a dealership. If you’d like, you can request a quote to have one of our mobile mechanics complete a power steering pressure hose replacement to compare with the dealership.

3. I have a leaking power steering hose according to my dealership, they said it would take 5 hours to repair and cost $843.00, $800