Q: Would the neutral safety switch be the reason my truck will not start?

I change my starter.... Battery is good as well as the alternator... Ignition switch is new... Would the neutral safety switch be the reason my truck will not start?

Hello, There are many reasons that may cause a vehicle not to start, however a malfunctioning neutral safety switch can certainly be one of the causes for this. The neutral safety switch will prevent the vehicle from starting when it is in any gear position other than park or neutral. Occasionally, this switch can malfunction causing the car to stall as soon as you put it into any gear. This switch usually also monitors gear selection data as well that is transmitted back to the computer. This switch is connected to the starter solenoid which allows it to complete the starter circuit only when the transmission is in park or neutral. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle if you suspect this may be causing it not to start.

3. Would the neutral safety switch be the reason my truck will not start?