Q: Ever since I got my car the speedometer hasen't worked but now everything acts like the car is off while the engine is on.

Ive had my car since mid September of last year and the speedometer hasn't work at all but recently all my instruments in my gauge cluster as well as my gear shift act like the vehicle is off while the engine is running

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the wiring to the gauge cluster and look for any broken or loose ground wires. If there is no wires loose, then check the body ground to the cab and see if its loose. A loose ground wire will cause multiple functions to malfunction and not work at times. If you need further assistance with your gauge cluster, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.