Q: Car keeps stalling - 2001 Oldsmobile Alero

My car stalls on the highway. How it usually goes is ill be driving along fine and it'll sometimes do some weird jerk or the gauges will go all wonky but some times there is no warning and it will just die. Afterwards the low oil light will come on and then the dash will light up like a Christmas tree. It doesn't do it often only every few weeks. it starts right away afterwords. We thought it was the battery we replaced it and that hasnt solved he problem the and the plugs and wires have recently been changed.

A: It looks as if you might have some sort of ...

It looks as if you might have some sort of electrical gremlin inside your Oldsmobile Alero. I had a similar problem with my 2001, and we determined that it was a bad ignition relay that was shorting out the ignition system from time to time. However, there could be multiple electrical or fuel related problems that are causing your Alero to stall. This is why I'd recommend having one of our professional local mechanics complete an engine is stalling inspection. This will allow them to download any error codes that should lead them to a culprit that's causing these issues.