Q: Yukon Denali Sun Roof Leak Repair

My 2003 Denali has a sun roof that leaks in the rain or carwash. This is a problem as I park outside and my car needs to be washed regularly.

Dealer of course wants to replace the whole sunroof assembly at significant cost

The rubber seal is available online from many sources. Is it possible to just replace the seal without having to replace the entire assembly?

Thank you.

A: Yes, it is possible to replace just the rub...

Yes, it is possible to replace just the rubber seal without replacing the entire sunroof. This can be a tricky process to replace. I would suggest having a certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to inspect the leak and service your vehicle as necessary.