Q: Will not accelarate over 20mph and has a P0430 code

I had a P0430 code when I ran a diagnostic test. Would this code make my truck not be able to accelerate over 20mph?

Hello.

P0430 is the trouble code for catalyst efficiency below threshold, for bank 2. The computer closely monitors the vehicle’s catalytic converter efficiency, and will set off this code if it detects that the converter is not reducing emissions as it should. This is commonly caused by a faulty catalytic converter, an exhaust leak, a bad oxygen sensor, or in serious cases engine mechanical damage. In most cases the issue should not greatly reduce engine performance, so if the vehicle’s power and speed is greatly reduced then it may be possible that the issue is serious. It may be possible that the issues are related, however a proper diagnosis by a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, would be required to determine if that is the case.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic

3. Will not accelarate over 20mph and has a P0430 code