Q: My car horn goes off randomly

i have to keep my horn not hooked up because when it is hooked up it goes off randomly through the night

There are a few things along the horn circuit that may cause this type of concern. The horn switch inside the wheel may be shorted and will trip the circuit to sound the horn. There is also a relay in the circuit that may malfunction and cause the horn to sound. Pulling a fuse or relay will stop power to the horn, but may be unsafe if you forget to hook it all back up before driving the vehicle. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look at the horn and offer a more personal diagnosis.