Q: question - broken ignition after car attempted to be stolen

Some one tried stealing my car who broke the ignition..now I can only start my car with screw driver...my car turns over like it wants to start but dose not turn all the way over it making like a choking sound n anti theft key is blinking off n on..? i don't have money to fix it tell two weeks n have to get back n forth to work until then..any suggestions..

A: I’m sorry to hear that someone attempted to...

I’m sorry to hear that someone attempted to steal your car. Unfortunately, there is no temporary solution for this. The car will continue to act this way until the ignition switch is repaired or replaced. With the ignition damaged, the anti-theft system cannot read the chip in the key so it will not start. For the time being, you may want to consider local transport options, friends or family, or different ridesharing applications that can get you to and from work until you have the starting issue diagnosed and repaired.