Q: I turned on my car but it kept turning over and wouldn't start. When it caught, it sputtered and turned off.

When I came home from work, I made a u-turn and parked my car. I had to move it from blocking a driveway and it started and I moved it a little. I tried to start it again, but it wouldn't catch and when it did sort of catch, it sputtered and stopped. I tried it again after a few minutes and it still sputtered again. I have a little less then 1/2 tank of gas and no check engine light came on or any light for that matter. My friend used you and suggested i ask what you think.

Hi there. Check the fuel system for any leaks. If there is no leaks, then go to the fuse box under the hood and locate the fuel pump relay. Check the relay and see if it is clicking when you turn on the ignition key. If the fuel pump relay is clicking, then either the fuel pump is not working and is causing your engine to sputter when started, or the fuel pressure regulator could have failed on the fuel rail making the pressure drop to low for the engine to operate correctly. If you need further assistance with your vehicle’s no start situation, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.