Q: Replaced throttle gasket, fuel pump, throttle body, & inertia switch

Without warning, my car suddenly stalled while driving appox. 40 mph. I had to have it towed to the dealership to have a diagnostic test. They reported that the throttle gasket needed to be replaced, which they did. Two years after that replacement, I was driving around 60 mph and again, the car stalled suddenly without any warning. Again towed… this time the tech told me it was the fuel pump, which was replaced. Then later, the throttle body was replaced (but the invoice read park brake fault). The park brake was ‘not’ repaired, nor replaced. Then it was towed again and I was told it was the inertia switch had engaged and the car had not been in an accident. They replaced the fuel pump that time, but did not replace the inertia switch. In your opinion, what should I do with this car and is there anyway to get it running properly?

A: Hey thanks for writing in about your 2005 J...

Hey thanks for writing in about your 2005 Jaguar XJ8. All the problems you’ve had is common with these vehicles as they age. You should not have any more than normal repairs with this vehicle. The fuel pump replacement should be the fix for the stalling while driving. The incorrect invoice about the parking brake you would need to take that up with the repair facility. Sometimes a code is put in for a problem code and may have been put in wrong in your case. If you want to have this looked by an independent mechanic, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your stalling issue and let you know what should be done.