Q: Car won't start after overheating - 2013 Chevrolet Cruze

Car overheated, I stopped to let it cool down, and now it will not start.

A: Hi there. The main issue that occurs when a...

Hi there. The main issue that occurs when an engine overheats is that excessive coolant sprays on critical electrical components and reduces the vehicle's ability to start after it overheats. However, in some instances, if the engine was damaged due to the overheating, this can also cause the engine not to start as well.

The only sure way to determine what's causing this issue is to have a professional mechanic perform an inspection to determine why the car is overheating and suggest the necessary repairs.