Q: Can i put a 2000 toyota celica GT automatic transmission in to a 2002 toyota celica GTS

Can i put a 2000 toyota celica GT Automatic transmission into a 2002 toyota celica GTS

A: The only way to be absolutely certain that ...

The only way to be absolutely certain that it will fit, is to make sure that it's the same part number, and that the mounting points are in the correct place. That said, many people swap different transmissions into their cars, so as long as the engine is the same between the two models, they should bolt together.

Also, since yours is only two wheel drive, you don't have to worry about matching gear ratios. It should be noted that the specific gear ratios may vary between different transmission part numbers, so you should take that into account because gear ratios alone can affect your acceleration, top speed, cruising rpm's, and fuel mileage.

If you just want the vehicle to work as it did from the factory, then your best bet is to use one with an identical part number.