Q: The car vibrates a lot when under 1000 rpm?

It's been going since for quite some time, but it just gets worse and worse. When i'm idle or going slow under 1000 rpm, my car starts vibrating a lot. I feel it most on the steering wheel but the car itself shakes a lot. When I go over 1000 rpm it works perfect, no vibration. I had a power steering hose that was leaking about half a year ago and it took a long time to get it repaired, if that could help with the diagnosis.

Hi there. You may have a dirty or failing idle air control valve that is the source of your problem. The idle air control valve reads the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low speeds and at idle. Since this valve is controlled by the vehicle’s computer, it will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed with the help of the idle air control valve. When the engine RPM drops below the normal range of about ~800 RPM, this often times will cause the engine to stall indicating a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to inspect your vehicle to determine the precise source of your issue.