Q: When turning on the key I hear a loud click from under the hood but it won't start the engine.

i drove the car y'day to my school and back with no problem, but when i tried to start the car after like 30 min in my driveway it wouldn't start. as i would turn the key i would hear a click and thats it. my headlights work, dash lights and my GPS all seem fine. even when i turn the key there is no disturbance to my lights, which prob means the battery is fine. but something is stopping the power flow to the starter. i tried hooking it up to my dads car but still nothing, so jumpstart isn't working. like 5 mins ago i tried to start it again but this time the starter cranked for 1 sec before it stopped and now the click is gone. when i turn the key nothing happens. whats should i do? call to tow? or can i fix it. i have some tools.

This is a common sign of a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. If you need help with this repair, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and service your starter as necessary.

3. When turning on the key I hear a loud click from under the hood but it won't start the engine.