Q: Pick up shuts off when slowing to half stop then accelerating

Just had 4 cycle major tune up, 3 part fuel induction system service with decarb, and drive train work (replaced center support bearing, extension hsg seal, pinion seal).

This is the first time this truck engine has ever turned off while half stopping, then accelerating. And it's very close to the drive train and fuel service time, just 3 weeks ago. What could be causing the turn off? Did the shop mess something up? Also, the gas mileage suddenly became miraculously better only in the past few days when the engine shutoff began to occur.

Thanks!

Hi UK. Thanks for submitting your question today. Usually good fuel economy and mysterious engine shutting off issues is not related to a single component failure. If the fuel efficiency is good and the Frontier runs good (except for when it dies), then this is likely an ignition system failure, such as a damaged or loose fitting crankshaft or cam position sensor (or the harness connected to them). You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an onsite inspection to determine the root issue, so the right repairs will be completed.

3. Pick up shuts off when slowing to half stop then accelerating