I have a 2002 Dodge Neon. The car vibrates and steering w...

Q: I have a 2002 Dodge Neon. The car vibrates and steering wheel shakes when car is in park and drive if sitting still

asked by on September 09, 2017

Car vibrates while in park and in drive while sitting still. Steering wheel shakes also but not when driving. Had motor mounts replaced and did not help. No one can tell me what it is. Car was also tuned up.

Has anyone suggested that the car could be misfiring? If it is the check engine light should be on. Try turning the key on without starting the engine and see if the Check engine light comes on. This is a bulb check feature. It should go out when the engine starts. If the engine is not misfiring, then we are back to the motor mounts. Some mounts are better than others and some of the economy priced mounts are made with inexpensive rubber that just doesn’t stack up. It, may also be possible that one of the mounts is installed incorrectly. If the car has cylindrical mounts that are pressed in, it’s easy to get it in backwards in which case the mount will not absorb vibration correctly. In any case, you need to have another pair of eyes look at this car. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your vibration and recommend a fix.