Q: Headlights aim too low when properly adjusted by two mechanics.

I have a 1999 Buick Century bought just last week.

The dealership installed new headlights, since the old ones were discolored, but the headlamps project inward to a point on the road that appears to be just a few feet in front of the car. It doesn't have a wide spread. The light distribution doesn't seem right.

I'm not sure what a safe viewing distance is, but I'm not getting that at all. To drive at night, I'm using the high beams when traffic isn't coming. I've never had this problem in my life.

I wonder if they were installed 100% at the right height.

Perhaps they are mounted too low. I sent an email to the people at the dealership to see what they'd say about it.

I had them adjusted a local mechanic, but they once again are too low.

Question 1: Can they have been installed somehow too low?

Question 2: If the standard adjustment in a garage is too low, how do I get it adjusted to suit me but not blind oncoming drivers.

Hannah

Hello. If the headlights are not pointed correctly, then they likely need to be adjusted. Even if a technician has already adjusted them, it may be possible that they were incorrectly pointed. An issue with the mounting may also be the cause of the issue, however, this is unlikely unless the vehicle was involved in an accident. I would recommend having the headlights readjusted, perhaps by a different shop or technician to see if that solves the issue.