Q: Ac condensation leaks a lot of water from drainage tube outside under yukon 2005, even if I haven't driven it in a day, is this ok

asked by on July 23, 2017

Ac condensation leaks a lot of water from drainage rubber tube that points downward outside onto driveway, this not inside but is on passenger side,,it is clear no smell fluid like water, I haven't driven it today and saw water leaking at 2pm , i last drove it with ac on the night before at 10pm. It is humid outside this week, ac is good and cold. I know this happens for all cars when ac is on but wanted to ask cause it drips like every second and wondered why even if I haven't driven it. My yukon is also parked on a slight incline (front end is a tad higher when pulling into and parked in driveway if that makes any difference) ,, we bought this yukon a few days ago, engine temp is normal too so I don't think its coolant and its not orange-red as the coolent in the reservoir box, ,,thanks

You will see varying amounts of condensation draining from the a/c drain depending how much humidity is in the truck. This is normal. The larger amount you see if just an indication of how much humid air is being removed from inside the vehicle.

Hi there. It really depends on where you live and whether or not you are feeling significant temperature differences when using your AC system. When you live in an area that is really humid or if humidity levels are unusually high, the AC system will produce much more condensation naturally during the conversion process. As long as the temperature level of the air produced is not considerably warmer, this is normal and your AC system should be OK.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr