Q: ABS problems

My car is bmw 116d es when I pull off I get a bad jumpy feel and the abs traction control light comes on and feels like abs has started when I turn off traction control and abs the problem goes away I have took out the sensors and cleaned them also looked at the driveshaft grooves and they all look fine no cracks. Also once I do a few miles on motorway the abs light and break warning light and also sometimes tyre pressure light also comes on

A: Hey there. Your car is equipped with wheel ...

Hey there. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely.

Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. If you would like to have this taken care of, a qualified professional, like one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to diagnose the ABS light and other warnings lights, and follow through with proper repairs.