Q: Feels like front right tire has vibration when turning left or merging lanes to the left at highway speed only. Bearings are okay

asked by on October 03, 2016

If I make a sharp curve or merge going left at highway speed, the front passenger tire has an intermittent vibration and sound, I can feel it in the accelerator. Can only be felt when care is over 50/60mph. A/p one mechanic bearings are good (when checked), but couldn't specify reason why it happens. Going to the right the car feels find and vibration doesn't happen. Car got a flat from a hard hit to a curb few months ago and all four tires were replaced, problem seemed to start a month or two after.

Hello, thanks for writing in. If the bearings are fine then the tires need to be checked first. If there is any uneven wear then this will occur. If the tires are all fine then the hubs need to be checked. If you have a tire failure then that could have bent a hub which will cause these same symptoms. If that is also fine then it may have a failing axle. I usually get the vehicle in the air and check each one of these parts one by one to determine what the issue is. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform a safety inspection, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.