Q: Intermittent chirping when driving with AC on

asked by on February 12, 2016

I hear an intermittent chirping while driving with the AC on.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. When the AC compressor is on, it puts a significant load on the belt, tensioner, pulleys and engine. The extra load on these parts could be the cause, or the internals of the compressor could be the source of the noise. In any case, the part making the noise will need to be identified, and replaced. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect what is causing the noise and replace any damaged parts.