Q: Car turns over, but will not start

My car is having difficulties in the starting category. It will turn over, but it does not have any spark so it does not start. To try to find the problem I have been working on it myself and I have replaced the camshaft, crankshaft sensors, and coil pack. I have also tested all of the relays and searched for any defects that might be located in the wiring. What should be my next step in finding out what is causing my car not to start?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1995 Chrysler Intrepid. The powertrain control module (PCM) controls ignition timing by controlling the ground path to each coil. It uses signals from the crank sensor and cam sensor to determine spark control. In your vehicle, power is provided to the coil pack through the automatic shutdown relay. If this relay has failed, the vehicle will not get spark. If there is power to coil packs but no ground, suspect a problem with the PCM or one of its inputs. Since it sounds like you've already tried all the low hanging fruit, I suggest you have a trained professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your car's starting problem and repair your vehicle.