Q: the car starts but the steering wheel is locked and won't turn

asked by on September 12, 2016

My starts normally, but when i try driving it the steering is locked in one position and won't turn, although the car will drive

Hello. There may be a couple things going on here. If the steering wheel is indeed locked in position, the steering lock mechanism behind the steering wheel may be stuck and in need of a replacement. If the steering wheel is just very hard to turn, this can be due to a broken power steering drive belt or failed power steering pump. To avoid an unsafe driving condition, have a certified mobile mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to diagnose the steering problem and have this issue corrected.