Q: the car starts but the steering wheel is locked and won't turn

My starts normally, but when i try driving it the steering is locked in one position and won't turn, although the car will drive

Hello. There may be a couple things going on here. If the steering wheel is indeed locked in position, the steering lock mechanism behind the steering wheel may be stuck and in need of a replacement. If the steering wheel is just very hard to turn, this can be due to a broken power steering drive belt or failed power steering pump. To avoid an unsafe driving condition, have a certified mobile mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to diagnose the steering problem and have this issue corrected.

3. the car starts but the steering wheel is locked and won't turn