Q: What does the Shift Position indicator on the dash mean?

What does the Shift Position indicator on the dash mean?

The Shift Position indicator on the dash of your car is pretty self-explanatory. It is just an indication of what gear the transmission is currently in, from park to reverse, drive, first and second. However, you’ll also find that it can provide you with additional information.

For instance, if the D is blinking, it means there’s a problem with the transmission system and you should have the car inspected. The light should be on as long as the key is turned to the on position and it should always match the gear selected with the gearshift.

3. What does the Shift Position indicator on the dash mean?