Q: Idling high

The vehicle is idling high with the associated noise common with a high idle.

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There are a couple of possible causes for a high idle. The most common is a Vacuum leak, which allows excess air into the intake causing the computer to read information improperly. Other causes are exhaust leaks, or various sensors that are faulty. A qualified technician, such as one of our YourMechanic experts, can diagnose this issue for you by checking the data from the computer.