Q: I'm replacing the wiper motor/pulse board assembly.

I've removed the old assembly and reconnected the transmission/arms to the new motor and pulse board. Now the arms are locked in place and won't move freely. Might I have tightened the center screw too tightly or incorrectly? Is there a certain way to ensure free movement to get my wipers working properly again? I thought I lined up the arms correctly and used a center punch in the positioning hole to make sure that everything lined up properly.

A: Hello - yes, it is possible that you have l...

Hello - yes, it is possible that you have locked down a pivot point or other piece of the linkage that is meant to turn or rotate. Try loosening pivot point nuts/bolts, and retry the motor. Unfortunately, this is one of those problems where having "eyeballs on the problem" is essential. Alignment of wiper arms, with their eccentric linkages, is challenging for most of us. I would recommend having a Windshield Wiper Motor Replacement Service completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to complete this repair.