Q: Noise after timing belt and water pump replaced

asked by on September 28, 2017

I had my water pump, timing belt and an air intake hose replaced on my 2008 Acura TL that has 170k miles. The shop did a full inspection of my car before doing the work. The next day I noticed she is now making a weird nosie. I'm not sure how to describe it. When the car is idling it seems to get louder. This is the first time hearing this nosie or any nosie, other then the normal engine running sound. The mechanic never said anything to me about any other problems or concerns other then the 3 repairs that were made. Could this nosie be because of the work they did ? Or is it just bad luck and needs more repairs then I was told ? Could they have messed something up ? Or not put something back right ? Not sure what to do.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It is certainly possible that something could have gone wrong during the repair. The best thing to do in this situation is to return to the mechanic who did the repairs and ask them to give your vehicle as second look. I would also recommend to explain the issues you’re having to them and explain that it also was not occurring prior to having the repairs done.

Hi Jessica. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually after replacing a water pump and timing belt, weird noises shouldn’t occur. I think the best thing to do take the car back to the original mechanic and ask them to review the vehicle to determine if they can isolate the source of this noise. If they can’t help you, or don’t find anything, you might want to have a second mechanic come to your location to complete an onsite inspection, if nothing else, for peace of mind.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr