Q: Drive belt tensioner

After a tune up when i start my car up the pully light comes on and my belt keeps poping and i keep smelling a burnin smell

Hi There, It sounds like your drive belt tensioner pulley may be wearing out or possibly improperly aligned causing the drive belt to be stressed. When this tensioner pulley is out of alignment or wearing out, this will cause excessive wear on the belt, eventually resulting in the belt breaking or burning up as you have indicated by the burning smell. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair.

3. Drive belt tensioner