Q: Door is making noise when closes

When I close my door, there is a large chunking noise. I was wondering if this is an auto-body problem or a problem with the latch. How can I find out?

Hello,

If the window is working up and down without noises, then I might rule out a problem with the window regulator assembly.

However, without more information, there may be many more causes. I will start with a few basic questions.

Does the noise only occur during while closing the door? Does the noise occur while opening or shaking the door? Has the vehicle ever been in an accident? Is the door harder than usual to close the door? With the door open, physically lift up on the rear side of it. Does it have any lateral movement up and down?

Without visually inspecting the issue, the problem might be one of many issues. A door clunking issue is not a common Accord issue, You may have something loose in the door, a hinge loose, or something as simple as a loose bolt.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic can assist you in diagnosing your issue.

Thanks, Paul

3. Door is making noise when closes