Q: Smoke comming from vent by windsheild wiper on hood and tail pipe.

Smoke out of vent on hood by windsheild wipers and tail pipe

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several fluids that will cause smoke in the tail pipe. Whatever is leaking is likely both an internal leak (leaking into the combustion chamber or exhaust), and external leak (leaking onto the hot engine) if you are seeing the smoke in both the tail pipe and near the engine. The first thing to do is check all of your fluids, focusing on the coolant and oil. Chances are whatever fluid is low is what is causing the smoke. Then you need to focus on finding the location of the external leak, as it is likely related to the internal leak as well. The external leak will be easier to locate. You can then take appropriate corrective measures. For more help resolving your issue, contact our service department.

3. Smoke comming from vent by windsheild wiper on hood and tail pipe.