I have a Mitsubishi Diamante 2000 LS with 197,450 miles a...

Q: I have a Mitsubishi Diamante 2000 LS with 197,450 miles and I'm not sure if my transmission blew or if it's something else.

asked by on August 15, 2017

Hello, I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS, while I was driving on the highway I hit a small bump, afterwards my car wouldn't accelerate. As I looked at the speedometer I noticed how it said it was going into neutral and drive back and forth . I pulled over to the side, then afterwards my car wouldn't drive anymore. I checked the fluid and it all seems fine, my first thought was if the transmission blew but I'm hoping that's not the case. The car does goes into drive, reverse etc but it won't move. I did towed the car, and I'm hoping you can have answer to my issue.

I would not suspect the transmission is bad just from hitting a bump. It is most likely a wire connection came loose or something else minor. You will need to have the car checked to see what happened by a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic that can come to you to see what the bump did.