Q: rough idle

On my 2000 gmc jimmy i have a rough idle what can i do to fix it

A: The fuel injectors on this engine can commo...

The fuel injectors on this engine can commonly get carbon buildup on the tips. This will cause the engine to run rough and have hard starts.

You should try running top tier fuels in our car that have cleaning abilities and add fuel injector cleaner into the tank with each fill up. Once you run at least 4 tanks with the better cleaning fuel and cleaner added in the tank see if the vehicle is runs better.

If the engine is still running rough then you will need to have the injectors cleaned using GMC's cleaner and following the process for this type of fuel injection system.

I'd suggest you get this looked at by a qualified technician who can diagnose your rough idle firsthand and perform the necessary repairs.